What we do
Building India's largest, hyperlocal, mobile-first application and back-end platforms that will serve over 100 million monthly active, Indian local language users, scaling to over 1 billion PageViews a day. Currently powers 2.7 billion PageViews a month, serving a user-base of 75 million installs, spread across 800 cities in India, who consume services in 12 Indian local languages. We're looking for an experienced Java developer with a strong desire to build fast, simple, and beautiful mobile apps matched with a passion for bringing a sense of community back to the neighborhood. You will be a technical leader on a small team of developers and designers working on our award-winning mobile application.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop beautiful code for Backend Platform
- Help in leading development efforts on mobile product features on Java
- Help scale our mobile platform as we experience massive growth
What we Need:
- M.Tech/M.E or B.Tech/B.E (preferably in Computer Science Engineering).
- 4-9 years of hands-on programming experience in building data-driven REST APIs, services & platforms using advanced Java & frameworks like Spring & Hibernate, with deep focus on integration & scale.
- We also look for hands-on experience with Mysql, Elasticsearch (or Solr) and Nosql stores.
- Great if you can bring experience in OO design, design patterns & deep understanding of JVM internals (multithreading, garbage collection etc.).
- Our evaluation starts with focus on computer science fundamentals, data structures & algorithms.