What’s the idea??
We are looking for someone who is good with people and has a good travel background. Someone who can talk his way to hell and back and who is a good host.
Making sure that people are having a good time at the hostel and in India and doing whatever it takes to achieve this is what this internship is all about.
This is an unpaid internship.
Apply only if…...
You are an Expert in Yapping: Ability to Talk and Connect with people to this internship is what Aloo is to Samosa.
Have been a hungry traveller: You can read all the guide books in the world, but you cannot explain (convincingly enough) the mind numbing beauty of the Taj at 6:00AM or the peaceful serenity of the backwaters without having been there. Unless you have been places…..it is just not going to work at Jugaad.
Good at Multi-Tasking: Talking to a guest from France about their travel plans, meanwhile checking-in a couple from China, at the same time trying to sending e-mails with deadline ending with-in the next 30 minutes and at the same time yelling at the housekeeping staff to clean the bathrooms in room no 4. If you are up to it…...Apply
Know how to have a good time: At the heart of this internship is your awesomeness level. You will be expected to meet and spend time with people from all over the world and make sure they have a good time in Delhi/India
All of the above are equally important
- Managing Housekeeping and making sure hostel is clean and hygienic
- Managing front desk i.e. Check-ins and Check-outs, Receiving payments etc
- Managing the Travel Desk
- Creating, promoting and executing events at the hostel
- Managing online reservation platforms and reservations backend
- Making sure kitchen is stocked up
- Coordinating activities between hostels and travel desks
- Welcoming guests and making them feel comfortable
- Helping them manage travel in Delhi and India
- Hosting them and showing them around in Delhi
- Travel with guests in Delhi and India
- Free stay
- Free Gym membership
- Travel once a month outside Delhi
- Mobile expenses (Rs 500/Month)
- Discount cards for clubs and pubs etc
- Concessional travel arrangement
Jugaad Hostels is a chain of travelers’ hostels for travelers by travelers. Jugaad is not just a place to stay, but a place to socialize and connect. To socialize with other travelers, backpackers, vagabonds and connect to the city in your own way.
It is a place to share your stories and check-out what others are up to. And most importantly it’s the place to stay away from the tourist traps and experience Delhi like the locals.