SquadRun helps businesses outsource operational work to a distributed mobile workforce.
Imagine people being able to work using their smartphones at a convenient place of their choice? Please check this overview deck for more details. We're disrupting the BPO market using this model.
We are looking for engineers who enjoy the solving real world backend problems. On a normal day you could be working on end to end delivery of a product feature OR getting your head around a critical issue OR you might even spend your day talking to our players/clients and understand their problems. Check this video to see the office/ culture.
Our long-term goals for SquadRun are not modest. Join the Squad and help us empower millions of people to work from their phones by disrupting the multi billion dollar global BPO industry.
What will you do?
- Architect - Choose the right building blocks which accelerates the SquadRun vision. We currently operate in a micro-services like arch.
- Prototype - Rapidly prototype & validate product hypothesis.
- Design - Clean & simple code which is easily extensible. Refactor existing code when things get a little too hairy. Take active part in code reviews and design reviews.
- Algorithms - Matching crowd to right problems, Accuracy of crowd-work, automation layer etc.
- Current Stack - Django/Python, Postgresql, RabbitMQ, AngularJS, AWS EC2/RDS/Lambda/Elasticache/S3 etc.
- Hiring - You will actively take part in hiring future Squad mates. :)
- 1.5 - 3 yrs relevant programming experience.
- Education: Graduate in a relevant domain (preferably)
- Joining Date: Tomorrow ;)
- Traits & culture: Executor + Willing to go that extra mile. Please read our hiring framework and what we do every friday for more details.
- Compensation: 9 - 12 LPA + 0.2% - 0.5% ESOP
Why we’re cool
- We are a well balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs. We are backed by some of the most respected investors and mentors in the industry (founders of Snapdeal, Slideshare, Zomato, Toppr, Scientific Animations, etc).
- We don’t believe in formal titles, this JD has one to make the search easier. Feel free to call yourself whatever you need to get the work done.
- Every team member gets complete ownership of their work.
- We have been able to grow at an amazing pace. We were recognized by respected global platforms as one of the hottest startups from India in 2014
- Represented India among 46 countries at the Startup Nations Summit in Seoul, South Korea
- Among top 7 startups at the Noah Conference, London (Only one from Asia)
- Among the hottest mobile Start-ups in India - #MobileSparks 2014 - YourStory
- This is just the beginning and we are here to change the world! :)
- Download our app, run through it to get a feel on what we are all about.
- Go through our deck, website, social media pages, linkedin profiles, player blog, business blog etc.
- Mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Product Engineer (Backend) - SE-2”
- In your cover letter, tell us why you are perfect for this role. Include links to your past projects. If you write a blog, contribute to an open source project, or tried solving an interesting problem, we want to hear about it.
SquadRun helps businesses outsource operational work to a distributed mobile workforce. Tasks range from moderating reviews, tagging images, calling businesses to collect information, and testing out new products over SquadRun's mobile app. Please check this overview deck for more details - http://bit.ly/sr-about.
It's a very interesting time to join SquadRun, we have achieved product-market fit and are in early growth phase so a lot of the risk is mitigated yet it's early enough that you can make a considerable long term impact.
Our Hiring Framework: http://bit.ly/1xIbahc